A computer system printer is a device that produces human legible text or graphics in electronic type.
The following printer innovations are found in modern printers
– Toner based printers: Toner based printers are really similar to copy machines. The most common example of toner based printers is laser printers. Another great example of toner based printer would be LED printer which uses an array of LED’s instead of a laser to cause toner adhesion.
– Inkjet Printers: Inkjet printers are less expensive than laser printers but they are costly to run as their cartridges have to be often changed. Inkjet printers are extensively used in your homes and by small business users. They have an excellent all round printing abilities from white and black to color prints. Inkjet printers guarantee high resolution image prints offering high quality photos. Inkjet printers are relatively much slower than laser printers. Another drawback of inkjet printer is that the pages take a long period of time to dry before they can be really managed.
– Impact Printers: Impact printers rely on a forcible ink to move ink to the media. Effect printers are basically of 2 types’ letter quality printers and dot matrix printers.
– Line Printers: Line printers print an entire line of text at a time. These printers were the fastest in effect printers and were used for bulk printing in large computer centers. They were never ever utilized with desktop computers due to their os. They have now been changed by high speed laser printers.
Another fine example of toner based printer would be LED printer which utilizes a variety of LED’s instead of a laser to cause toner adhesion.
– Inkjet Printers: Inkjet printers are more affordable than laser printers however they are expensive to run as their cartridges need to be frequently replaced. Impact printers are generally of two types’ letter quality printers and dot matrix printers.
These printers were the fastest in impact printers and were used for bulk printing in big computer system.